- Signature Crab Puffs2015-04-28 19:02:28Serves 40Write a reviewPrep Time10 minCook Time30 minTotal Time40 minPrep Time10 minCook Time30 minTotal Time40 min50 calories3 g29 g3 g2 g2 g22 g55 g0 g0 g1 gNutrition FactsServing Size22gServings40Amount Per ServingCalories 50Calories from Fat 28% Daily Value *Total Fat 3g5%Saturated Fat 2g9%Trans Fat 0gPolyunsaturated Fat 0gMonounsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 29mg10%Sodium 55mg2%Total Carbohydrates 3g1%Dietary Fiber 0g0%Sugars 0gProtein 2gVitamin A2%Vitamin C0%Calcium2%Iron1%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.Ingredients
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup stout/dark beer (I prefer to use Marshall Big Jamoke Porter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
betacalories50fat3gprotein2gcarbs3gmorePreston Cooks For You http://prestoncooks.com/
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.Combine crab meat, Swiss cheese, chives,Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, lemon juice, and dill weed in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, beer, salt, and lemon pepper. Bring to a boil. Add flour, remove from heat, and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon. Return to heat. Continue to beat until a dough ball forms. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs to dough, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until well-combined.Fold crab mixture into dough.Pour puff dough into a large zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Cut about 1/3-inch from one corner of the bag.
- Pipe dough onto baking sheets into mounds about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.Bake crab puffs 25 to 30 minutes until crispy and golden brown. May be served warm or at room temperature.