Kulfi (Pistachio Ice Cream) Recipe
A delicious frozen Indian dessert using nuts and rose water
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 53g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 tbsp evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp milk to dissolve the corn starch
- 1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios, almonds and or cashews, finely chopped
- 4 cardamoms, powdered in a mortar-pestle
- 1 tsp rose water
- In a large pan, bring milk to simmer or low boil on medium-low heat. After 18 to 20 mins, add the sugar and stir. Let the sugar dissolve. After 3 to 4 mins, add the corn starch paste. Stir in well, so that no lumps are formed. After 4 to 5 mins, when the mixture has thickened, add the evaporated milk, powdered nuts and cardamom powder.
- Stir very well and simmer for a minute or two on a low flame. Turn off heat and add rose water. Let the kulfi mixture cool, then pour the kulfi mixture in kulfi molds or in serving bowls or large container. Place in freezer.
- Once the kulfi is set, un-mold the kulfi sliding a butter knife at the edges, remove to a plate, slice the kulfi and serve immediately. You can also serve kulfi directly in the serving bowls or glasses.
Preston Cooks For You http://prestoncooks.com/
Recipe Source: Slightly modified from – http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/kulfi-recipe-basic-kulfi-recipe/