I love Summer and fresh fruit breads.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 49
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Place 24 foil cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon batter evenly into liners. Bake at 350° 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from My Recipes
Preston Cooks For You http://prestoncooks.com/
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extractDirections
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the crust, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter until moistened. Pour into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
To make the filling, cream the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, mixing well. Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary. With the mixer on low, add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door wide. Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the cake from the spring-form pan by carefully running a around the outside of the cake. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with with chocolate syrup or fresh berries.
Recipe Source: Slightly modified fromhttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/raspberry-cheesecake-recipe.html
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bottle chutney
- Crackers, for serving
Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until it is firm like whipped cream. On low speed, slowly add the cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Beat on high speed until the mixture is very thick.
Line a 6-inch 6-inch sieve with a few layers of cheesecloth, allowing the excess to drape over the sides. Pour the cream mixture into the cheesecloth and smooth the top. Fold the excess cheesecloth over the top of the cream. Place the mold on a plate or suspend the sieve over a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, unmold the creme upside down onto a plate and pour the chutney over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides. Serve chilled with crackers.