- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, Thyme and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval in an un-greased shallow baking pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Yield: 6-8 servings