- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb feta, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 10 (17- by 12-inch) phyllo sheets, thawed if frozen
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, then cook spinach and garlic, stirring, until wilted and tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool, about 10 minutes. Squeeze handfuls of spinach to remove as much liquid as possible, then coarsely chop. Transfer to a bowl and stir in feta, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Melt remaining 1 stick butter in a small saucepan, then cool.
Cover phyllo stack with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap and then a dampened kitchen towel.
Take 1 phyllo sheet from stack and arrange on a work surface with a long side nearest you (keeping remaining sheets covered) and brush with some butter. Top with another phyllo sheet and brush with more butter. Cut buttered phyllo stack crosswise into 6 (roughly 12- by 2 3/4-inch) strips.
Put a heaping teaspoon of filling near 1 corner of a strip on end nearest you, then fold corner of phyllo over to enclose filling and form a triangle. Continue folding strip (like a flag), maintaining triangle shape. Put triangle, seam side down, on a large baking sheet and brush top with butter. Make more triangles in same manner, using all of phyllo.
Bake triangles in middle of oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool slightly.
- 2 (7-ounce) containers Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate the cucumber on a box grater and squeeze the grated cucumber with your hand to remove some of the liquid. Add it to the yogurt along with the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, garlic, salt and pepper and stir.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces shredded smoked Gouda
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 pint cream
- 1 cup milk
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme, chopped rough
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary, chopped rough
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped rough
Melt butter in an oven proof skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add spinach, saute for 2 minutes. Beat eggs, salt, pepper, baking powder, cream, milk, cheese and herbs together. Pour over mixture in skillet, stirring to combine. Cook eggs for about 4 minutes, eggs will be almost but not quite set still moist on top. Broil 6″ from heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set and frittata is lightly browned.