- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots or chopped mushrooms
- 20 ounce package lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ¼ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sage, pepper and salt to turkey mixture; mix well. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining ½ cup ketchup over top.
Bake 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe Source slightly modified from: http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/223-Best-Ever-Turkey-Meatloaf#sthash.Qa33vGpz.dpuf